Have you heard of the store Lush? If you have not you are missing out, trust me. Lush is one of my favorite stores. Things from here are organic, fresh, no animal testing, uses essential oils, and most are vegan. They have shampoo, bubble bars, hair treatments, face mask, body lotions, massage bars, and so much more. Recently Lush came out with new products. I can not wait to try some, but here are a few.
- Face Mask: It is called Don’t Look At Me. Sadly, you can only get this in stores, but it is worth it to go check it out. It is vegan and the featured ingredient is kaolin. http://www.lushusa.com/Don’t-Look-At-Me/06351,en_US,pd.html
- Face Mask: It is called Rosy Cheeks. This is also only available in stores. It is a fresh face mask, so it will need to be in the refrigerator. It is vegan and the featured ingredient is red rose petals. http://www.lushusa.com/Rosy-Cheeks/04411,en_US,pd.html
- Face Mask: It is called Cup O’Coffee. This face mask does not need to go in the refrigerator. It is vegan and the featured ingredient is coffee infusion. http://www.lushusa.com/Cup-O’-Coffee/9999905552,en_US,pd.html
- Hand Mask: It is called Golden Handshake. If you have dry hands, I am sure this is something you will love. It is vegan and the featured ingredient is organic avocado oil. http://www.lushusa.com/Golden-Handshake-Hot-Hand-Mask/04413,en_US,pd.html
- Feet: It is called Pumice Power. This will be great for someone who has dry feet. It is vegan and the featured ingredient is pumice powder. http://www.lushusa.com/Pumice-Power/06419,en_US,pd.html
- Fun: It is called Aliens and Monsters Fun kit. It can be used for shampoo, soap, bubble bath, or simply to play with. This is vegan and the featured ingredient is fair trade vanilla absolute. http://www.lushusa.com/Aliens-And-Monsters-FUN-Kit/06334,en_US,pd.html
There is more new products coming out soon, so watch out for that!
Makeup trends can get a little crazy sometimes, but try it out and see if it is for you. You may end up liking it more than you think.
- Bold Brows: When filling in your brows make sure to follow your natural shape to not go overboard. Start off with feathering strokes to fill in than brush them. Also, at your brow bone finish look off with a highlighter.
- Contouring: For this you can either use a cream or powder for the bronzer, blush, and highlighter. First put the bronzer under the cheekbones, temples, jawline, and now blend. For blush put onto the apple of your cheeks. The highlighter goes on top of the cheekbones and the bridge of your nose.
- Full lips: Over lining your lips is big right now, but learn to do it the right way. Find a lip liner close to your natural lip color. Make sure you do not over line all over, just places where you need it. Adding a lip gloss on top of the liner. This will make the lips look fuller and a lot more natural.
Brows: Brow Power® Universal Eyebrow Pencil Travel Size – Brows – Free Shipping $25 | It Cosmetics
Bronzer: Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder – Too Faced
Blush: Makeup Geek Blush Pan – Spell Bound – Makeup Geek Blush Pan – Blushes – Face
Highlighter: Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed – Champagne Pop – BECCA | Sephora
Lips: Nyx Cosmetics Slim Lip Pencil Cabaret Ulta.com – Cosmetics, Fragrance, Salon and Beauty Gifts (color: natural)
Revolution High-Color Lipgloss – Urban Decay | Sephora (color: kinky)
Here are a few smoothies. I love to have them for breakfast or a snack. You can always change the smoothie by adding more or less of some ingredient.
- 5 ice cubes, small handful of blueberries, 2 tablespoons of honey, half of fresh lemon juice, and 5 large strawberries. Blend!
- 1 cup of plain yogurt, 1 banana, 3 ice cubes, 1/2 cup orange juice, 6 strawberries. Blend!
- 1 banana, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, 1 cup milk or almond milk, 3 ice cubes, and you could add protein powder if you would like. Blend!
- 1/2 peach, 1 banana, 5 strawberries, and 1/2 cup of milk
Guess what? Yesterday was the first day of Fall! It is time for boots, sweaters, hot drinks, leaves falling, and more. What more could you ask for? It is a beautiful time of the year in general. Plus, not to mention lipstick colors get so much darker; Fall makeup is always my favorite. Bath & Body Works come out with their Fall scents and the candles are to die for! For example, the scent Marshmallow Fireside, Leaves, and Pumpkin Apple are amazing. I am going to have to go to the store to get some and make my room smell perfect. Are you excited for Fall?
When buying new clothes, sometimes it can be a challenge from finding nothing you like to nothing has your size or not having enough money. So here are some tips:
- If you do not love something from the moment you see it than do not buy it
- Go shopping when sales are going on; you get more for your money
- If there is something expensive you want than save up
- If you can not see yourself wearing it than do not buy it….no reason to waste money
- You do not have to follow what everyone else is wearing. It is fashion so express yourself and enjoy what you have on
- Always have a budget when going shopping. Otherwise, you could end up buying and spending a lot more
- If you are unsure about something you like, go shopping with someone to get their opinion on the item
- Have a variety of clothing in your closet, from causal to dressier items. Never know when you may need it
I am a homeschooled high school student in sunny California. I am currently a junior, but trying to graduate this school year in 2016. It is not as easy as you may think it is. A lot of hard work is being put into doing this by taking a variety of classes. In the end, I feel this will all be worth it. As plans for college I am hoping to go out of state to Wisconsin or southern California. Besides school I love shopping, drawing, animals, helping people out, and more. For this blog there will be a range of topics I will talk about on here. For example, there will be advice, beauty, fashion, my thoughts on certain things, and a lot more. If anyone needs advice or wants a topic for me to write about….email me at firstname.lastname@example.org